Saturday, December 17, 2011

Work Stations Management

Here is my Literacy Work Stations Management Chart. I love Debbie Diller's Chart , but at $60, it's pretty pricey. So, I ordered this Pocket Chart (for only $12!) and I created my own picture cards. 


I usually work with small groups during stations time, so I have a timer to keep track of time and to let the kids know when it is time to clean up and rotate. When we rotate, I just move the station cards down one row. The kids work in pairs and they go to each station for 15 minutes. I find that there is less off-task behavior when only two kids work together.


For math stations, I do not have a separate pocket chart. I have numbered cards that correspond to my numbered math tubs (I will post pics later). I just place them on top of the literacy station cards during math station time. 


Click the picture below to download my center rotation cards!
These two books by Debbie Diller are awesome resources for planning and setting up math and literacy stations:

            


6 comments:

  1. Love your station cards! I was wondering if you would share a copy? :)
    Cheryl
    cener(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cheryl! I just uploaded the stations cards to google docs for you! Come on over and download them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see how your math center rotations look. Can you share a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be looking forward to your next post

    I will be looking forward to your next post

    ReplyDelete